ANO kaya ang pinagmulan ng galit o nag-trigger kay Jimmy Bondoc para mag-post siya ng tungkol sa isang malaking TV network na gusto niyang mapasara na. Hindi tinukoy ng singer kung anong estasyon ito pero halatang ang ABS-CBN ang pinatutungkulan niya.
Base sa post ng singer, “I am so excited to see the biggest TV network close down. This company is a snake pit, where success is based on politics and sexual favors. NOBODY dares to talk about it because they either benefit from it, or they would rather not have them as enemies.
Read before you judge me.
“ART and CULTURE have been ruined by this network. Our moral fiber as a nation, too. Wide-eyed kids seek dreams and fall in line, not knowing the hell that their lives will be plunged into.
“They have contests where the winners have been pre-determined, or are manipulated to suit the whims of the hidden bosses.
“Their news is for sale, highest bidder gets the slant. And foreign groups are usually the victors.
“I AM EAGERLY AWAITING YOUR DEMISE. I know how this sounds. And I know the nasty comments which are bound to come. I don’t care. If you think COMELEC is bad, wait until you see the real machinery that is known as “the biggest network.”
This is not schadenfraude. This is hope! This is for real change. You have COUNTLESS VICTIMS, from sexual harassment to plain and simple bullying.
“I am so happy that your time has come.”
Ang gustong tukuyin dito ni Jimmy ay ang pahayag dati ni Presidente Rodrigo R. Duterte na haharangin niya ang franchise ng ABS-CBN na magtatapos sa 2020 na nagsimula ang galit nito dahil hindi raw umere ang ad campaign niya noong kumandidato siya bilang Presidente ng Pilipinas.
Sa mga artista ay unang pumalag si Angel Locsin na sinimulan niya sa unang linya ng sa chorus ng awiting Let Me Be The One (kanta ni Jimmy).
Aniya, “Let me be the one to break this news to you so you don’t have to make excuses. The network might not be perfect but for you to be happy about thousands of people losing their jobs is pure evil. Maybe you’re just having a bad day. I will pray for you.
“Noong sumikat ka ba may na-experience ka na sexual harassment? If yes, I encourage you and all the victims to report this to the police. But generalizing that sexual favor is a prerequisite to success is just wrong.”
Bagama’t hindi binanggit ng bida ng The General’s Daughter kung sino ang pinatamaan niya sa Twitter post niya ay ramdam ni Jimmy na siya iyon dahil sumagot siya.
1) all due respect to you;
2) In my opinion, it was not a generalization, but rather a recognition of its existence. However, generalized or not, one case of verified harassment is one too many, personal or not;
3) it is not about “pagsikat.” It is more about many people who do NOT make it because they do not acquiesce;
4) I do not believe na “sumikat” po ako, and I think this is beside the point.
5) Filing a case under Art. 245 or 336 is not an option for most artists who are usually too young to know better. There are social repercussions that a teen or 20-something year old would not be equipped to handle.
“There is a case filed now, as far as I know, by a more known personality. But the case might not be open for discussion being sub judice.
“To be clear, the post was not meant to apply to the artists or the hapless employees. It is about the system, and the consequences of the unwarranted benefits that I BELIEVE this network has received from past administrations. But of course, I expected the negative reactions. So be it.”
Nag-post din ang Dreamscape Entertainment/Digital business unit head na si Deo T. Endrinal ng mga larawan ni Jimmy noong nasa ABS-CBN siya.
Ang caption ng TV executive, “Thousands of us working in ABS-CBN are thankful for the many opportunities, i think you should be thankful too. #ThePowerOfGratitude”
Muling sumagot si Jimmy sa post na ito ni DTE (tawag kay Deo).
“Sir Deo, boss, amo… linawin lang natin.
1) Gratitude to the many good people in a certain network has NOTHING TO DO with the malicious news and info and alleged harassment cases that occur in its rooms;
2) It also has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the alleged unlawful transfer of a network’s ownership to the unwarranted benefit of a few individuals. That is for the courts to decide. And the grant or extension of a permit is the government’s prerogative.
3) Lastly, jobs need not be lost if there is a change of ownership. Bakit tatanggalin ang mga walang kasalanan? And if illegally removed, meron namang legal recourse ang employees.
“Are you saying that for example- KUNG MAPATUNAYAN nga na hindi makatarungan ang pag-ari ng isang indibidwal sa isang network, kakampi pa rin kayo sa lumabag sa batas? Tanong lang po, boss sir amo chief.”
Marami pang sinagot na post si Jimmy habang isinusulat namin ito kahapon na inisip namin na hindi ba siya busy bilang Vice President for Entertainment ng Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) at may panahon siyang sagutin isa-isa ang mga sumagot sa kanya?
Anyway, sana lang naisip ni Jimmy na ang pinatutungkulan niyang malaking TV network ay nakatulong din kahit paano sa kanya at kung hindi man siya sumikat tulad ng inaasahan niya ay baka talagang hindi siya destined dahil nga binigyan siya ng puwesto sa gobyerno.
ni Reggee Bonoan